Raleigh Domestic Violence Attorney
What is domestic violence?
Domestic violence is a type of case that the Raleigh family law attorneys at Hopper Law frequently see. The domestic violence lawyers at our Raleigh Law Firm will work with you to help achieve a positive outcome of your case, and can provide you with whatever legal advice your situation calls for. There are many different legal actions that can be taken when dealing with domestic violence, so it helps to have a family lawyer who can help you during the process.
When a violent or abusive act is committed against a victim or a child residing with a victim, it is considered to be domestic violence. The following types of acts are considered to be domestic violence in Raleigh:
- Attempting to cause bodily injury or intentionally causing bodily injury.
- Placing the aggrieved party or a member of the aggrieved party or a member of the aggrieved party’s family of household in fear of imminent serious bodily injury or continued harassment that rises to such a level as to inflict substantial emotional distress.
- Committing any act as defined as first degree rape, second degree rape, first degree sexual offense, second degree sexual offense, sexual battery, statutory rape or sexual offense of person who is 13, 14, or 15 years old.
Civil domestic violence occurs between those involved in personal relationships, and applies to the following types of people:
- A person who you are dating or who you were previously dating
- A current or former household member
- A person of the opposite sex who has lived with you or is living with you
- A person with whom you have had a child
- A person who is related other than parent and child
Do I need an attorney for support?
In domestic violence cases, it is very important to have the legal support of a capable and skilled family lawyer. At Hopper Law Firm PLLC, our attorneys have the experience and legal expertise necessary to ensure a positive result from a domestic violence case, and will to whatever it takes to make sure your rights are defended. Contact an attorney from the Hopper Law Firm PLLC today to discuss your domestic violence case!